1. I CAUGHT A CUBONE DOWNTOWN ON A STREET CORNER! (Don’t go there, people, Cubone is a sad orphan Pokemon with no mother and I am not actually making a case against that interpretation, am I?)
2. I really don’t want to fight gyms or join teams. I just want to catch Pokemon in my living room or wherever.
3. Problem 1 is that the boyo can only use WiFi on his phone (it’s basically his game player and a way for him to text me), so he doesn’t get to do the fun things like catch Pokemon as we walk down the street or hit up the local Pokestop for supplies as we drive by. Plus his phone is old and therefore prone to glitches.
4. Problem 2 is that I seriously do not want to spend my entire data plan on this game, fun as it may be.
5. There is a Ghastly in the neighborhood, though, and I kind of want it.
6. And I have an egg that will take 10 kilometers of walking to hatch. Scott says it might be a Lapras.
7. Dammit, I do not want to spend my entire data plan on this game!
8. It is truly fun and hilarious seeing clusters of people walking down the street, staring at their phones, then one of them stops and says, “No–I saw leaves! And there’s a Bulbasaur nearby!”